Duration- 6+ months
Start date- ASAP
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for forming teams, developing project plans that align with project and site objectives, communicating, documenting and manage project activities according to good project management practices. Project types include continuous improvement, co-development (partnering with VMRD), product transfers within and outside the network. The role is responsible for ensuring projects are executed safely, on time, and on budget.
With minimal supervision provide technical project management support for new products introductions, site to site technology transfer’s and continuous improvements projects.
• Leading up to 5 projects simultaneously with medium to high levels of complexity.
• Provide project management support for strategic capital equipment projects.
• Delivering the portfolio of new products to the business by leading the co-development and launch teams.
• Manage technology transfer projects between manufacturing sites.
• Develop project plans that support continuous improvement projects at the UC site.
• Provide status inputs to the continuous improvement project program, including evaluation, execution, tracking and reporting.
• Ensure projects are prioritized accordingly.
• Support the acquisition of new process equipment, including: preparing and submitting Requests for Quotations to candidate equipment suppliers, collecting and compiling proposals, coordinating the decision for awarding the project to an equipment supplier, preparing and processing an appropriations request, and issuing a PO for equipment purchase.
• Manage third party suppliers as part of a project to acquire new equipment, obtain services or purchase materials.
• Developing and maintaining project management best practice globally.
• Promote and ensure global project management standards are developed and adhered to.
• Report out frequently on the progress of projects to senior management and call out areas of concern or support needed to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
• Track project schedules and develop mitigation plans to recover from project delays to critical path activities.
• Technical liaison to both internal and external sites as needed.
• Work with other team leaders on sharing of technical knowledge across the businesses supported by team.
• Responsible for working with US, International and EU Regulatory groups to develop and execute strategies for filing, defending, and launching new products
• Working very closely with VMRD, Manufacturing, QA, QC, Procurement, Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs and Commercial organizations
• May need to manage external supply relationships with CMO organizations
• Expected to work with minimal supervision at this level
• Makes decisions that require developing new options to resolve complex problems.
• Works independently; gathers input from colleagues and management to address issues at team/function/portfolio area level.
• Guides the successful completion of major programs and may be in a team or project leadership role. Ensures that the projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
• Provide formal/informal mentoring/coaching within own work group and team(s).
• Identifies and develops activities/projects to support short- to mid-term operational goals.
Accountable for ensuring projects are managed to the project budget
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BS degree in a technical field – engineering, biology/microbiology, chemistry or chemical engineering is preferred.
• 5 years of industry experience. 3 years directly applicable job experience in diagnostics is a plus.
• 3 or more years of experience in general and technical management of projects with demonstrated ability to resolve technical issues, addresses validation requirements, prepares and administers budgets.
• Demonstrated expertise in areas of diagnostics/biodevices production, Quality control, Compliance, Regulatory Affairs and product development will be considered strongly.
• Additional key attributes desired are demonstrated ability to function and influence in a team/matrix environment, good interpersonal skills, communication skills, and computer skills
• Some travel may be required
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• Demonstrated expertise in Project management including the use of project management tools.
• Certified Project Management Professional is desirable
• In depth technical knowledge of software, hardware, consumables, analytical methods, formulation and materials.
• Understanding and appreciation of the complexities of diagnostic equipment and test systems.
Working knowledge of key regulatory authorities (USDA, EMA, VMD and FDA).
Technical Project Manager (233200) Union City, CA