Duration: 6+ months plus (possibility to convert perm as well)
Start Date: ASAP
As a member of the Pharmaceutical Technology team, the employee will support the development of new products for the Diabetes Care business by focusing on driving drug-device compatibility. This includes contributing to material selection and drug-device compatibility using applicable techniques, at device subsystem and system levels. The scientist will develop new test methods, plan studies, execute testing, analyze data and report findings to the extended team, including contextualized summaries and recommendations for next steps. Perform assigned product development activities. Set priorities for self and contribute to team planning. Develop an assessment of competitive products, processes, or new trends. Develop an overview of relevant technologies and products. Ensure compliance with client quality policies, procedures, and practices; through appropriate communication, training and education of sound quality assurance principles.
1. Support design and development activities for products within the current portfolio offerings as well as new product development. These activities include, test method & measurement system development and validation, fixture design, testing optimization, and testing in support of design verification and design validation.
2. Develop novel test methods and/or adapt, when available, test methods from standards, compendia and literature using best practices for physical and chemical characterization of materials and drugs
3. Document test methods, protocols and reports, including qualification and validation activities as needed in collaboration with quality assurance
4. Design and execute testing, analyze samples and data and, reports findings to the extended team
5. Troubleshoot technical issues of moderate complexity and contribute to failure analysis efforts
6. Propose and implement improvements to methodologies, processes, products, and systems related to the project as needed
7. Collaborate with other team members to distribute responsibilities and resources effectively to meet project milestones
8. Design and execute studies with scientists and engineers from other client sites, external consulting groups, and contract research laboratories.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
1. B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or other similar field with a Ph.D. (Title and Compensation dependent on experience.)
2. Developing technical, interpersonal, and influencing skills. Sound technical judgment and good communication skills. Developing skills in project planning and leadership. regulatory and quality requirements. Strong motivational fit. Strong fit with client values.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Works independently with general guidance
2. Knowledge of analytical chemistry techniques, including HPLC/UPLC and Micro Flow Imaging (MFI) technology
3. Ability to work in a cross-functional team
4. Knowledge of chemistry principles
5. Knowledge of plate based technology, UV-Vis spectroscopy, and/or viscometry is a plus
6. Knowledge of DFSS and statistical analysis tools is a plus and optional training in these areas can be provided
Sr Scientist (233194) Hybrid, MA