Design, develop, document, and qualify electro-mechanical manufacturing fixtures utilizing both custom and off-the shelf hardware and software.
Manufacturing Engineer with an Electro-Mechanical background, ideally someone who has worked on launching a medical device or similar and has run the tests necessary to break down and isolate issues.
This candidate should have experience with documentation & requirements, and performing troubleshooting, root cause analysis, etc.
Details: Candidate will be working in a Robotics Group (biomedical) on a haptic interface similar to Intuitive Surgical’ s product line. Overall experience with Mechanical, Electrical, & Optical Components, and Software used to control Electro-Mechanical Devices is needed. Must be a self-starter, able to operate in a cross-functional team setting.
- Documentation & Requirements
- Electro-Mechanical background (mechatronics, robotics, etc.) – work involves Motor Controls, Sensors, Boards, and Hardware Machine components
- NPI related tasks – Troubleshooting, Root Cause Analysis etc.
- Running Tests
- Test Automation – familiarity with basic scripting languages (they use python)
- BSEE and/or BSME or similar (or above)
Santa Carla CA: Sr. NPI Engineer (233795)