• Interfacing with customers both reporting testing results and developing new products
• Defining IC test and validation plans for new chips.
• Chip characterization including official report write up and presentation.
• Recommending tests and interpreting results to the Production Test Group.
• Active cable compliance and interop testing including identification of remedies for failures
• Optimizing and debugging system level issues with active cable products
• BSEE and 5+ years of experience in systems engineering, or MSEE and 3+ years of experience
• Experience in signal integrity testing (eye diagrams, jitter analysis, S-Parameters, TDR/TDT, etc.)
• Familiarity with some datacenter or consumer interconnect standards such as Ethernet, HDMI, PCIe, or USB
• Strong collaboration skills and team work minded.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience with equalization, interference mitigation, and interconnect technologies.
• Experience with IC debugging and characterization.
• Experience with data analysis
San Jose CA: Sr. Electrical Systems Engineer (232115)