Full description below:
We are seeking highly motivated IC circuit designers to power forward our growth. Joining our team will provide opportunities for you to grow your career with the company. As a top-notch circuit designer, you will develop new circuitry for multi-Gbps operation in our next generation analog/mixed signal chips to support growth in our current and future markets. The importance of system level performance will drive your circuit designs and give you knowledge and experience of the wider product platforms into which our chips are deployed. The expert designers who join our team will have the opportunity to push the envelope in high-speed circuit design in CMOS and Silicon Germanium/BiCMOS processes.
• Design circuit blocks in CMOS and BiCMOS/SiGe processes which may include:
o Equalizers, (CTLE and DFE)
o Linear high-speed output drivers (CML)/TX drivers
o Phase locked loops (PLL)
o Clock oscillator circuits
o Regulators, bandgap references, bias blocks and amplifiers
• Simulate circuits for manufacturability, accounting for PVT and Monte Carlo variations and layout parasitic effects.
• Guide the layout of circuit blocks for high-speed performance and precision.
• Work with other team members to bring chips to production.
• Document circuit designs for review.
• Silicon evaluation, characterization and debug in the lab.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Education
• Education and Experience:
- MSEE and at least 5 years of design experience -OR- PhD with at least three years of design experience in the following:
• Essential Requirements:
o Solid understanding and experience in analog/mixed-signal circuit design in a professional or academic setting.
o Experience in high-speed circuit design in CMOS and SiGe/BiCMOS processes
o Experience designing PHY level circuits for either datacenter or consumer wired interconnects such as Ethernet, Infiniband, PCIe, SAS, HDMI, USB, or DisplayPort
o Experience in high speed BiCMOS circuit development at more than 10Ghz
o Solid understanding of fundamental circuit theory such as small signal analysis, feedback, linearity, and stability.
o Proficiency with Cadence design software such as Virtuoso, Spectre, SpectreRF, ADEXL, Quantus QRC or equivalent tools from Synopsys
• Preferred Experience:
o Knowledge of EM simulators such as Keysight RFPro is a plus
o Knowledge of MATLAB and/or VerilogA is a plus.
o Understanding of fundamental system theory for high-speed serial communication such as jitter, eye diagrams, insertion loss and crosstalk
o Some experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, VNAs and spectrum analyzers
• Work Habits, Skills and Knowledge:
o Strong oral communication skills for clarity in discussing design problems with the team.
o Strong written communication skills for design review documentation.
San Jose CA: Analog IC Design Engineer – HYBRID (232116)