Program Manager (PM) will be supporting the Molecular Diagnostics Pipeline under the Molecular and Women’s Health and Cancer Business Line for IDS. The Program Manager will lead cross-functional core teams in executing all aspects of product development from concept, verification and validation inclusive of clinical trials, and worldwide regulatory clearance through successful commercial launch. The PM is responsible for leading and motivating a complex cross-functional team or a program with one or more projects to define and develop a product(s). The PM is ultimately responsible for the execution, quality and results of their project, and the success of the resulting product in the market, including achieving defined strategic and financial objectives once the project has launched. The PM is measured on their ability to lead the team in achieving cost, schedule, and performance goals of the project. This high visibility leadership role will present frequently across various levels up to and including senior leadership.
• Responsible for the creation of the project schedules, risk management, integrated business plans and product requirements. Leads the cross-functional development of product architecture for each functional area, synthesizes functional plans and identifies critical interdependencies to drive successful execution of the project.
• Technical and business skills and judgment to significantly influence the technical and business direction of the project. Able to create and influence novel thinking of the team.
• Ability to lead and drive the identification, validation, and mitigation planning of all project risks, including technical, schedule, business, resource, based on thorough understanding of the technical and business content of the integrated project plan and the work breakdown.
• Ability to communicate complex technical and business issues completely, concisely, and effectively to enable high-quality decision making and drive cross-functional alignment.
• Has a thorough understanding of all functional work streams in a phase gate process and a vision of an integrated project plan.
Scope of Responsibility
• Executes a project or multiple projects of medium scale and moderate complexity by leading cross functional teams individually. Examples would be larger and more complex new product development line extensions or new products that are new to the business.
• Influences solutions to business or technical problems.
• Communicates and implements the strategic and technical direction for the project/program team.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of business & market growth drivers & trends; influences business case development.
• Complete understanding of a wide application of project management principles, theories & concepts.
Sphere of Influence:
• Responsible for the execution, quality and results of his or her project and the success of the resulting product for the business or in the market.
• Manages and guides the day-to-day activities of team members, tracks progress against plan, manages the project budget, identifies project risks and provides plans to mitigate those risks.
• Under general supervision, plans, designs and performs development as assigned.
• Demonstrate leadership, learning agility and action orientation when facing uncertainty. Instill confidence through leadership and actions.
• Possesses the skills, knowledge and aptitude to engage, influence, and direct all functions involved in the development of the assigned product to inspire and motivate the team to achieve a common goal or purpose.
• Interacts with functional managers and business leaders to communicate regarding critical project risks, questions or challenges.
• Challenges core team members, functional leaders and business leaders regarding functional and cross-functional strategies and approaches in order to improve product development outcomes.
• Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in microbiology, molecular biology or other scientific discipline. MBA is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant Project Management experience
• Minimum of 5 years of team leadership in product development with progressively increasing complexity of assignments.
• Successful track record of commercializing new products
• Experience in new product development planning multiple work-streams, identifying risk and implementing action plans to optimize time lines and reduce execution risk
• Experience establishing customer requirements from defined needs specifications and translating to product requirements
• Experience utilizing combination of analytical, statistical, computational, and empirical methods to gain deep understanding of design and minimize overall development timelines
• Experience in a regulated environment; preferably medical device or biotechnology.
• Experience managing ambiguity
• Demonstrated learning agility of new subject matter
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and influencing skills