The Technology Lead is generally autonomous in their oversight and active management for an enterprise data sharing platform. This role is also responsible for developing a technology roadmap and managing all projects related to technology, security, and privacy across the data platform. This position calls for interaction with internal leads as well as third party vendors who provide services and support the delivery of the platform. This optimal candidate will also monitor the technology landscape and conduct research to judge applicability to our enterprise.
* Directly lead and manage teams focused on delivering high quality project results within one or more major technology disciplines: strategy, data management, cloud optimization, operations, engineering, information security, privacy, compliance, change management and stakeholder relationships.
* Focus on team leadership, delivery of business value, risk mitigation, cost optimization and return on investment.
* Deliver results based upon strategic goals, department goals and management requests.
* Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency for project.
* Ensure technology best practices are being implemented and improved for all functions and projects.
* Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solutions and solve problems.
* Evaluate new technologies, techniques, and tools.
* Report status and issues to leadership.
* Work directly with outside vendors to manage delivery of features and functions
* Willingness to lead, take responsibility and offer options.
* Serve as a backup to more senior level management as needed.
* Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with peers both within and outside of Technology, and maintain them over time.
* Drive adherence to enterprise technology policies and comply with all security controls.
* Ensure all work products meets/exceeds enterprise standards and risks are effectively managed.
* Establish plans for Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity.
* 5 years experience with AWS cloud platform.
* 3 years experience in heavily regulated environments such as healthcare, pharmaceutical, or medical device development using GxP and Systems Validation
* 3 years experience with DataBricks, RedShift, S3.
* Knowledge of and experience with python, SQL, Scala, R.
* Experience with cloud infrastructure (compute, memory, storage, networking, WAN).
* Experience managing the full scope of an enterprise (architecture, design, implementation, support).
* 7 years of experience in data management, ETL, ELT, noSQL.
* Knowledge of database design, development, API development, data warehousing, and data management techniques.
* Experience with Kong API management.
* Firsthand experience in setting up enterprise monitoring and management tools.
* Experience designing and deploying database reporting and monitoring tools.
* Experience in large-scale (multi-terabyte), scalable, highly available and reliable database architectures.
* Experience in data security, capacity planning and failover procedures.
* Extensive understanding of CyberSecurity techniques to lower enterprise risk.
* Experience with SIEM tools implementations using Splunk, ELK, or similar tools.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline with at least seven years of related experience, or equivalent training.
* Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills.
* Must be a self-starter with strong leadership qualities.
* Work well with aggressive deadlines and minimal supervision.
* Excellent organizational skills, good oral and written communication skills, be effective at communicating complex structures in a simple fashion and interacts positively with others.
* Knowledge of business, technology and management principles involved in strategic planning, organizational change management, resource allocation, human resources practices, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
* Experience with strategy, software development, operations, engineering, development services, information security, and compliance.
* Extensive knowledge of industry leading technology best practices including familiarity with technology methodologies such as ITIL, Agile, DevOps.
* Must be able to identify, evaluate and recommend processes, tools, technologies and/or products to meet business and budgetary requirements.
* Well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities.
* Ability to maintain focus and develop proficiency in new skills rapidly.
* Occasional travel and extended hours may be required.
remote: Data Engineer Tech Lead (232833)