• Serve as site responsible electrical engineer, SME, and owner of the API-US site electrical system.
• Support the maintenance, operation and improvement of all site electrical systems.
• Develop and maintain site electrical standards including operating procedures, single lines, panel schedules, and all other relevant documentation for compliance with standards, national codes & industry best engineering & safety practices.
• Lead & manage site or area electrical system improvement and expansion projects.
• Serve as SME (subject matter expert) on the site electrical distribution, power monitoring, back up generation systems, and motor controls and fieldbus networks
• Evaluates electrical system designs & installations, products, components, capabilities, suitability & applications.
• Manage, design, and execute electrical system distribution, maintenance, upgrades, modifications, and improvement projects
• Evaluates completed installations & observes operation to ensure conformance to design & equipment specifications & compliance with operational & safety standards.
Identify and manages service contracts for electrical system and other related equipment service contracts
• Supports Maintenance Technicians with troubleshooting of instruments, valves, VFDs, and Motor starters
• Configure VFDs and ensure integration with process automation system.
• Maintains product & company reputation by complying with federal & state regulations.
• Identify & Support required EHS and regulatory safety training requirements and leads efforts to ensure compliance
• Conducts system or equipment walk downs with respect to electrical design and installation
• Ensures identification of & collaboration regarding interfaces to other processes & support systems
• Participates in design work shops with engineering suppliers for any future projects.
• Create, develop, and maintain system SOPs, maintenance plans, training plans, electrical diagrams, single lines, or other related electrical system documentation.
• Facilitate knowledge transfer from projects to facilities & operations where applicable.
• Maintains SME status by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
• Other accountabilities, as assigned.
BS in Electrical Engineering/related field or equivalent education and work experience
Minimum of 4 years of experience in the areas of power generation and distribution, or manufacturing, instrumentation and controls
• Acknowledged Subject Matter Expert in Power Distribution Systems, Electrical Systems Design,
• Strong knowledge of U.S. Electrical Codes, Standards, Construction Methods & Laws.
Expertise in performing electrical system design and engineering calculations
Proven ability to establish & maintain networks & facilitate processes that encourage cross organizational knowledge sharing.
Raleigh NC: Electrical Engineer – API (232840)