Senior IT Engineer will be responsible for the implementation and support of IT solutions in the Madrid GMP laboratory site. This person will act as the administrator across multiple IT systems, including networking, virtual machines, and end-user support. In addition, this person will provide IT support to laboratory scientists and staff, managing the computers needed to support the various instruments used in the labs. As the primary IT staff supporting the entire office, this role will require both strong intellectual agility and hands-on technical skill.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
• Collaborate with digital teams to develop an effective and efficient approach for seamlessly integrating IT infrastructure and capabilities with world class research science.
• Work collaboratively with automation engineers, plant engineers, lab engineers, scientists, and operations teams to effectively support the design, deployment, and retirement, of manufacturing and lab IT systems by defining and following an SLA with your stakeholders.
• Work to ensure that concerns regarding change management, security, technical infrastructure, and systems integration are considered for all Manufacturing and Lab IT Systems projects.
• Support IT compliance and understand GxP processes. Understand IQ/OQ/PQ validation process for IT systems.
• Understand and assist in business continuity plans/disaster recovery for manufacturing and lab IT systems.
• Understand and assist in implementation of cybersecurity applications and troubleshoot issues.
• Understand and assist network topology design of manufacturing and lab IT systems.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Industrial Engineering, physical science or related field or relevant experience.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience working with IT infrastructure in manufacturing, lab systems, control systems and building management systems.
• Experience working for a Pharmaceutical company required
• Experience working with virtual environment (VMware/Hyper-V) and/or cloud platform (AWS preferred)
• Experience working with RDBMS (SQL Server or Oracle)
• Experience working with application and web server (IIS).
• Experience working with backup/recovery systems (Acronis, Veeam, N2WS, etc.)
• Experience working with Cybersecurity endpoint protection applications (Symantec, McAfee, Carbon Black, etc.)
• Experience working with network routing, switching and firewall concepts.
• Experience working with ServiceNow, incident management, change management, and service management
Skills and Competencies:
• Creative, analytical, and strong problem-solving skills.
• ‘Whatever it takes’ attitude.
• Ability to work independently, with limited direction, to achieve expected results.
• Ability to react under pressure to any given situation that may arise, in a professional manner and with positive results.
• Ability to work hard to effect change in a dynamic, high standards environment while maintaining a positive approach with management and peers.
• Highly collaborative work style. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful professional working relationships. Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, fast-paced project environment.
Madrid: IT Engineer- GMP Support (232337)