Client is looking for a Construction Manager who has led projects of at least 200 million. Will be responsible for running the construction site for design / executions and safety / quality for services providers and vendors. Go to person related to construction, getting information systems set up correctly, and establish a cadence for communication on the project. Brownfield project and will be onsite through commissioning and validation processes. Will have a few direct reports, including mechanical/electrical engineers, safety and project engineer.
Must have experience working on a Greenfield or Brownfield construction project for bio/pharma, including packaging, filling, lyophilization, and materials management. Projects must be over 200 million in scope. Degree preferred but experience more important.
Skills: Construction Manager, Pharma/Bio, Packaging, Filling
The Construction Manager shall manage the construction, commissioning, and all site activity for a new biopharmaceutical drug product manufacturing site in the USA. As the owner’s construction representative, the Construction Manager shall plan, coordinate, and oversee all site-based personnel along with all the works activities. The personal safety of every person on the site is the responsibility of the Construction Manager.
• Provide construction management for all phases of design, construction, commissioning, and turnover to end users.
• Lead contractor selection for civil, structural, architectural (CSA) works.
• Plan and manage all site activities and all workstreams including construction, material deliveries, maintenance, and operations for safe and efficient outcomes.
• Design, implement, and monitor a safe, efficient, and effective construction work environment to ensure the safety of every person within the secure perimeter including workers, delivery staff, visitors, and operations personnel. Ensure environmental compliance.
• Provide design guidance to optimize safety, schedule, cost, and constructability.
• Developing design and construction sequencing plans and establish and maintain project schedule.
• Develop and execute labor and staffing strategies for all works.
• Act as construction expert for civil, structural, architectural (CSA) work including cGMP areas and non-cGMP areas.
• Establish and maintain construction information workstreams for design documents, requests for information (RFIs), submittal processing, change control, and cost processing.
• Provide project reporting including safety reporting, cost reporting, earned value and progress tracking.
• Design and implement inspections and quality control procedures and processes.
• Provide project closeout and turnover scope to have a seamless delivery of the manufacturing capacity.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of turnover packages include all CSA drawings and manuals equipment, testing records and licenses.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Over 10 years of experience delivering large scale Capital Projects for Large Scale Biologics & Vaccine Manufacturing Facilities.
Extensive experience managing complex work sites in all project stages of project delivery.
Experience constructing drug product projects including packaging, filling, lyophilization, materials management.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Construction Management
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Strong proactive leadership, interpersonal, teamwork and organizing skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Be decisive and able to analyze complex problems independently, deal with differences, and make appropriate decisions timely.
Be able to develop team members, achieve and optimize team performance.
Experienced in construction management.
Greater Atlanta Georgia Area: Construction Manager- (232891)