• Be involved with the requirements generation, systems design, and development and testing of our avionics products.
• Defines system architectures, interface definitions, key capabilities, performance requirements, and maturity constraints that meet mission requirements.
• Defines system implementation approach and operational concept.
• Develops models and growth features for future system development.
• Ensures requirements are validated, verified, and evaluates design performance with the customer.
• Performs analyses at all phases of product development life cycle to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Lead the subsystem integration, technical risk assessments, technical planning, verification and
Validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses of total systems throughout the system lifecycle.
• Provides proposal strategy development and review as required.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to successfully plan Systems Engineering tasks for a project and meet schedule, cost, and performance goals during execution phase.
• Proven experience and understanding of requirements capture, systems design, and decomposition methods.
• In-depth working knowledge of requirements decomposition, validation, and verification for highly complex airborne product developments.
• Experienced in LRU level integration of Hardware and Software elements.
• Experienced in creating Interface Definition Documents (IDD’s) and Interface Control Drawings (ICD’s)
• Experienced in generating Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RTVM) and Design Verification Testing (DVT) reports.
• In-depth working knowledge of engineering tools for requirements capture (DOORS, JAMA, etc…)
• Familiar with high-level objectives of DO-254, DO-178B/C, and DO-160 development processes.
• Working knowledge of the commercial and military communications protocols (RS-232, ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 664 (AFDX), and ARINC 818 (Fiber).
• Ability to represent system engineering design artifacts at internal and external customer meetings and audits.
• Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and Access)
• Experience in Model Based Development (MBD), behavioral/simulation, and digital engineering is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology or Engineering disciplines.
• 5+ years’ experience (or 3+ years of experience with a Masters or 2+years of experience with a Ph.D.) in Systems Engineering role.
Alpharetta GA or REMOTE: Systems Engineer (232037)